Help Support the Annual Student-to-Student Conference
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation to CAG Santa Lucia!
Be a part of an exciting educational event and help support bright young minds —tomorrow’s thinkers, doers and leaders— by supporting the annual Student-to-Student Conference. We hope you choose to make a tax-deductible donation to help us fund this wonderful event. The conference is sponsored by California Association for the Gifted, but it is open to all students in grades 3–12, including public, private and homeschooled; and is totally free for all participants.
Check out our Facebook Page —and help spread the word about the conference by clicking “Like”!
In its nine year history, the conference has grown from around 40 students to over 150! Quite a number of students have become annual speakers and proudly wear their conference tee shirts at their schools. (Read more about the conference history. [160 KB ])
As the conference has grown, so have the costs of putting on the event. We continue to operate on a bare bones budget, and those of us organizing and working the conference do so entirely on a volunteer basis. The expected costs for this year are around $4,000. The Projected Budget (187 KB ) delineates projected costs.
We are looking for individual, business and corporate sponsors. We are happy to accept your TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION of any size, and we will publicly acknowledge your generous support in many ways:
- All donors will be acknowledged in the Conference Program.
- Bronze Sponsors — Donations of $100 or more — will also be acknowledged on our website.
- Silver Sponsors — Donations of $250 or more — will also be acknowledged on the
Conference tee shirts.
- Gold Sponsors — Donations of $500 or more — can also have their logo added to the website and Conference tee shirts.
- Platinum Sponsors — Donations of $1,000 or more — can also have us display a large banner or poster at the Conference.
The Pajaro Valley Unified School District (Tax ID #???????) is serving as our fiscal sponsor. You can make your tax-deductible donation online or by mailing a check. Here’s how (and here’s a printable version of these instructions [181 KB PDF].):
- Click the Donate button below.
- This will take you to another page, and from there you’ll go to PayPal, where you can donate securely using any major credit card or your PayPal account.
- Upon completing your donation through PayPal, you’ll be brought back to www.cagsantalucia.org, and you should also receive an email from PayPal confirming your donation.
- It will take several weeks, but you should also get a letter from PVUSD thanking you for your donation, which can serve as your tax deduction documentation.
- Make your check payable to “PVUSD GATE Charitable Donations Account”
- Mail your check to:
Susan Graulty, PVUSD
294 Green Valley Rd.
Watsonville, CA 95076
Here are a variety of documents we have created to further explain the conference and our
- Our fundraising letter of request (164 KB PDF)
- The conference history (135 KB PDF)
- The projected conference budget (148 KB PDF)
- Instructions on how to make your donation (142 KB PDF) (the same info as above)
- All of the above documents in one file (198 KB PDF)
We look forward to providing another amazing and wonderful conference this year, but we can’t do it without your help! Please support the joy and creativity of these great kids, by donating to CAG Santa Lucia today! Do please contact us if you have any questions. Thank you for your support!